Electronic Health Records (EHR) Software System is considered as one of the best innovative applications among the Medical Information Technology portfolio of health care facilities. As they offer a combo of advantages when coupled with other health IT, Electronic Health Records Software is getting very popular among practices all over the world!
What makes Cloud-based EHR Software Significant?
It's past the time of debating whether to have web-based or server-based EHR; it’s been proven and accepted universally – increasingly growing number of health care facilities are opting for a web-based or cloud-based version of EHR that offers novelty, cost-effectiveness, and anywhere use, apart from instant and easy access.
Among the different versions of, factors such as data stored on external server and access through the web make the cloud-based system the most popular one. All that’s required is a computer with Internet connection for quick and easy interaction.
Special Features that make Cloud-based EHR Software stand out
The cloud-based version of the Electronic Health Records Software System is considered superior because of certain exclusive benefits and features that it offers. A few of the distinct features that set this apart are given below:
- The Software can be maintained up to date: Without having to bear additional charges, it is possible to keep the EHR Software up to date, in the case of cloud-based system- there are no expensive upgrades, all you need to do is open the SaaS-based software for receiving the latest version
- Data Security: In these days of widespread data breaches, the cloud not only offers asylum but also high level of security
- Anywhere, anytime access: Cloud offers the ‘work from anywhere’ option that is considered a boon in the modern days of computing – you may e-prescribe or check your patients’ data practically from anywhere
- Disaster Recovery: It is possible to work without having to be concerned about data and its safe maintenance during even hurricanes and storms – web-based Electronic Health Records Software runs from the cloud
- Cost-effectiveness: Not requiring expensive hardware, cloud-based EHRs are ideal for small to medium-sized practices – the software expense is relatively consistent
- Improved IT Assistance: Making use of the vendors’ resources, it is possible for practices to avoid unwanted cost on staff and training
- Multi-device Compatibility: With the changing times, more and number of physicians and professionals are moving toward handheld and mobile devices for accessing information on the go – Cloud-based Electronic Health Records Software allows access by varied devices such as iPad, Tablets, and Smartphones
Exclusive advantages of adopting Cloud-based EHR Software System
There are quite a few advantages of implementing cloud-based Electronic Health Records Software; a few are described below:
- Implementation and operation are easy
- Saving in time and resources
- Improved collaboration among patients and practitioners
- High satisfaction rate among mobile device users
- Scalability and ability to expand easily
For practices that are good at their core processes but not experts in HIPAA best practices and data security, web-based Electronic Health Records Software offers excellent solutions. Cloud technology has been found to augur well for EHR Software System.