Cloud-based applications are drawing a lot of attention of late- increasingly growing number of practices opt cloud-based EHR since it offers a lot of benefits such as the ability to stay up-to-date, being HIPAA compliant, and anywhere access
How to Increase Productivity and Improve Patient Outcomes with Cloud-based EHR Software
Web-based (or cloud-based, as they are also known)offers enhanced care quality and increased efficiency to practices through features such as anywhere accessibility, access to critical medical information of patients with a few clicks, and multi-device compatibility.
Being one of the vital applications in the IT portfolio of the medical industry, Cloud-based EHRs render themselves to be integrated with other health IT. With most of the contemporary world going online for every need, web-based Electronic Health Records Software is here to stay for the foreseeable future.
Cloud-based EHR – the Next Step for Medical Industry
Current Electronic Health Records Software can either be a cloud-based or client-server type. Server-based type requires a server, hardware, and software installation for the successful running of the application. On the other hand, a cloud-based system allows storing data on external servers and needs just a computer with Internet connection for accessing essential information. There is no doubt about the cloud-based version being the next level in a health record management system.
Benefits of Implementing Cloud-based EHR
- Different computers and devices and various operating systems are acceptable
- Several digital devices such as Tablets and iPads can be used for accessing information
- Highest level of data security is ensured
- Adaptability to changes in future and technologies
- Cost of IT investment is reduced
- Possibility to upgrade and update at all levels
- Interoperability and interactive features
- Quick and Convenient data access
Exclusive characteristics of cloud-based EHR Software System
Web-based EHRs include certain exclusive features due to their unique characteristics are given below:
- On-demand service: All resources from the basic email to vital functions are accessible to every user at any time
- Agility: Required upgrades can be done and applied over the network in one instance
- Resource pooling: Same functions and tools may be used at the same time by several users over across the network
- Broad network and assured access: Availability is assured, as access is location-free and any standardized device may be used, such as PC or tablet
- Scalability: Unlike traditional systems, cloud-based networks are rather scalable and accommodating; they respond to rapid rise in number of users
What makes Cloud-based EHR tick?
- Health records are maintained online
- Error-free processes assure patient safety
- Alert and appointment services that save time and effort
- Better decision making enabled by accurate information
- Hassle-free management of documentation
- Real-time collaboration among different facilities or specialists
Automating all vital processes in a medical practice by implementing a cloud-based Electronic Health Records Software System ensures the accuracy of information, improved productivity, and increased revenue. web-based EHR enables health care professionals to offer better care.